Sunday 12 August 2012

Yokohama Super Advan Generation II

Yokohama Super Advan Generation II

Just when you thought your current alloys were the best, something better always turns up. I have a peculiar taste for Advans Super series. I love the 3 spoke design, and have only ever used the super advans! well besides when i first bought the car obviously lol.

As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, i had bought a set of Super Advans Version 1. Last year though using Nengun (Japanese car parts import company) i stumbled upon a set of Super Advans Generation II. I have never seen any in the UK or ever on ebay or anywhere. I was really amazed to see the listing for GEN II's and for a full complete set with all locking nuts and in perfect condition. Having contemplated long because the offset of the front alloys were ET30. This put me off a bit, but i knew spacers would be needed so i decided yes im going for it. Probably one of the best buys i have ever made ^_^ well happy.




 It was only after my Matte Black respray, that i decided to put on my new GEN II's. I wanted my FTO to be perfect. Off i went to see Johnny the mechanic :s



As you can see what a difference. Front are GEN II and rear are Version 1.

Super Advan GEN II all 4 test fit and test run
Location: Greenwich
Time: Afternoon
Weather: Sunny















 Test run results:

Fitment was fine, handling was fine improved actually, only flaw was that due to the design of the GEN IIs only tuner style wheel nuts can be used. with an ET30 on the fronts, i was using a 6mm spacer to add clearance so it doesn't touch the calipers, problem here, was the wheel nuts had very marginal thread for the nut socket to fit. This was a problem as it was extremely difficult to tighten or even un tighten the wheel nuts.

In the end, i decided to take them off until i could get some 10mm hubcentric spacers.

For a review and pics of the Super Advan GEN II's Click Here







No comments: